Tuesday, April 27, 2010

(Ridiculously Easy!) Peach Crunch Cake

I guess some people call this a 'dump cake'. It would totally apply since that is basically the ONLY thing you need to do after measuring things! The first time I saw this recipe on one of the blogs I frequent I knew that I would try it out someday. We were having company two nights in a row for dinner so I literally threw this together. I loved it but will admit that it is VERY SWEET.

Peach Crunch Cake





24.5 oz can of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter cut in 16 slices
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup walnuts (I omitted this since a lot of the people couldn't eat them anyway)

Preheat oven to 350. In a 13x9 baking dish pour the peaches (syrup and all) in the bottom. I used a knife to cut the peach slices into smaller pieces once they were in the dish; made three pieces out of each sliced peach. Then pour the dry cake mix right on top of the peaches. Next, scatter the butter slices around on top of the cake mix. Lastly sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of everything. Bake for about 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold-I prefer hot. With or without ice cream-I say with!

No comments:

Post a Comment