Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Creamy Chicken Alfredo

This is one of my favorite things to make and one of my favorite things that I make that I LOVE to eat :). I used to belong to this 'club' where I would get about 10 recipe cards every month for a small fee. I now have the entire collection and have tried MAYBE 5 recipes...this is one of them and have I mentioned I love it? I am going give you the real recipe with my notes in the parentheses. I make way more sauce than the recipe instructs you to. This sauce is great and instead of having just a little bit of cheese and cream left over after the recipe I use the whole package.

Creamy Chicken Alfredo


1/4 Cup Flour (I NEVER actually measure this out)
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( I usually only have four since I generally freeze them in packs of two)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (again, NEVER actually measure this part either)
2 tablespoons plus one teaspoon olive oil, divided (guess what? Yep, I just eye ball it)
3 cloves garlic, minced (I have used both fresh and ready to use from the jar and I can't ever tell the difference)
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 1/2 cups whipping cream (I can only usually find it in the pint sized cartons-thats the smallest and like I said I use it all)
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the bag is usually 1 1/4 cups and I use it all-so GOOD!)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (YEAH RIGHT! I use the dried stuff in the jar)

Preheat oven to 375
1. If your chicken is thick, pound it between cellophane with either a meat mallet or a rolling pin. You want it about 1/2 inch or less in thickness. Put the flour in a pie dish or on a piece of wax paper. Coat both sides of chicken with flour. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts, turn breasts once and cook until golden on each side; about 4 minutes each side. Remove chicken from skillet and put in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender-about 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add whipping cream and cheese. Cook until the sauce is bubbly and slightly thick. Spoon over chicken in baking dish.
3. Bake chicken 8-12 minutes or until a instant read thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 180 (yes, this I ACTUALLY do). Sprinkle with parsley.
(we serve ours over egg noodles and with garlic toast...delish)

No comments:

Post a Comment