Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Best Ever Pasta Salad

I grew up with the traditional pasta salad of noodles, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers all covered in creamy italian dressing. As an adult it is blah to me. This one is awesome and more filling and the guys love it! I found it on one of the blogs I read and saved it after one time making it :) The following recipe makes a LOT in my opinion so you may want to halve it.

Antipasto Pasta Salad


1 pound of whatever noodle shape you like (I use elbow or radiatore)
1/4 pound of hard salami-chopped
1/4 pound pepperoni-chopped
1/2 pound Asiago cheese-chopped (you will find it in the specialty cheese cooler)
1 red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
3 tomatoes diced (I use smaller ones since I don't care for them as much)
1 7oz. dry Italian Dressing mix packet (with the other dressing/sauce packets)
Parmesan cheese
Garlic Powder

You just cook and drain the pasta and transfer it to a large bowl. It helps if the bowl has a lid. Add the meats, cheese and veggies and mix a bit. Pour the Italian Dressing mix on top and mix well. The add a couple of shakes of the garlic and parmesan cheese and mix again. If the bowl has a lid put it on and then shake the whole thing each time you add something and it is so easy to finish! The salad is best if you chill it for at least an hour before eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment