Thursday, April 15, 2010

Italian Crescent Casserole

Another one that sounded so easy and had bread on top. Anything topped with bread HAS to be good in my opinion. Again, I had everything in the house so: SCORE. I wasn't sure how this would turn out since Brad had mistakenly put my crescent rolls in the freezer the night before when unpacking our shopping bags. The can expressly warns against this but I got lucky and they didn't explode on me. They were actually easier to handle too so maybe the freezing had something to do with that. This looked kind of like lasagna when it was done and on our plates (very messy) but tasted MUCH better. Lasagna taste=YUCK. Double score was that this all went very fast and then I popped it in the oven.

Italian Crescent Casserole


1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup onion diced
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (8oz) crescent rolls
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (I had shredded)
2 tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 375
1. in a large skillet brown the ground beef and onions. Drain.
2. Add pasta sauce to skillet
3. In a bowl combine mozzarella and sour cream
4. pour meat mixture into a 9x13 pan
5. spoon cheese/sour cream mixture on top of meat mixture
6. Unroll crescent rolls but do not separate. Lay on top of casserole.
7. Melt the butter and brush it on top of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown.

I wasn't originally going to post a picture of it once it was cut since mine came out so messy (I don't think I drained it well enough) but here it is anyways:

The picture in the blog I found this in was WAY better. You can take a look HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment