Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Banana Nut Muffins

I had three bananas that were overripe...lots of brown on these peels. I was leaving town for two days and since I knew Brad wasn't going to eat them I wanted to use them. I searched lots of recipes and found one that people said was a lot like the Bob Evan's banana bread recipe. I didn't want bread so instead I upped the oven and made them into muffins that I can eat for breakfast or as a middday snack. They came out really good and were so moist I wasn't even sure they were done they were so soft. The recipe makes one loaf of bread or two dozen muffins; I have no idea who is going to eat them all! Ps. this calls for several untesils and bowls which means a bit more clean up. You've been warned.

Banana Nut Muffins


1 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
I added nuts...would suggest walnuts but I had chopped pecans and they taste just as good.

Preheat oven to 325 (450 for muffins).

1. Cream the sugar and the butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time being sure to mix well after each one.
2. in a small bowl mash bananas with a fork. Mix in milk and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4.Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until flour disappears. Stir in nuts at this point if you wish.
5. Pour into a loaf pan or lined muffin pan. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes for loaf or 15 minutes for muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment