Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cheesy Chicken skillet

My husband LOVES pasta. I mean L-O-V-E-S pasta. I can go into almost any restaurant and look at the menu and tell you what he'll order. Only ALMOST though. He likenend this recipe to his favorite dish at Applebee's-the chicken penne pasta or three cheese chicken penne whatever it's called. This was so simple and it was all cooked in one pan. Two if you count the one for the pasta but those are easy to clean up when you're done. Both Brad and I agree that next time I am going to try and put some mozzarella IN with everything else at the end to give it a cheesier taste. We'll still put it on at the end though too. Brad's from Wisconsin: we LOVE cheese too. Anyways, I found this one on yet another food blog I read and it is sooooo easy plus I already had everything in the house.

Cheesy Chicken Skillet


2 cups of pasta (I use radiatore)
3/4 lbs. chicken cubed (I probably used more since our chicken breasts were HUGE)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes (I didn't have any that didn't have chiles in them but I did have three fresh tomatoes so I diced those up)
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella

1. cook pasta as directed.
2. in a large skillet over medium high heat cook the chicken untili no longer pink
3. reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, soup, milk and seasonings.
4. stir in the cooked pasta. Let cook for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally until heated through and bubbly.
5. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment