Tuesday, May 18, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

I found this incredible easy recipe on allrecipes.com-I LOVE that site! I was willing to try the "real way" someday but when I found this I was so happy. I made sure to file it away in my brain for the right time. Brad and I both love these when we go out to eat so I wanted to try it at home without making a roast and then using the juices to make the 'dip'. But I had to have good au jus since that is Brads favorite part. He soaks his sandwich in it, he dips his fries in it and if I don't stop him he will drink any that is left over. Yes, he did that the other night in our home :)

French Dip Sandwiches


1 can beef stock
1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
provolone cheese
4 hoagie rolls-split open

1. Turn broiler on low. Place the hoagie rolls inside face up and put under the broiler until they are slightly toasted. Remove from oven; turn broiler off and set oven to 350.
2. In a pan heat stock until almost boiling. Reduce to medium heat and add roast beef allowing to heat through.
3. Remove beef from stock and pile on one half of each hoagie roll. Top with provolone cheese. Place back in oven until cheese is melted.
4. Place top of hoagie roll on sandwich-cut in half if you wish. Serve with a dipping bowl of the beef stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment