Monday, May 10, 2010

Grilled Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwiches

I hate tomatoes. I only like grape or cherry tomatoes where they are all in one bite and aren't runny and oozing everywhere. I just don't understand why anyone would want a cold, gooey mess leaking it's juices all over their food! When I worked at the Yacht club though I found out I loved them when they are grilled with some mozzarella cheese. I don't have a panini press so I imporvised this recipe the other day when I saw I had some cherry tomatoes that were going to go bad soon and I wanted something different for lunch.

Grilled Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwiches


Two slices of bread
butter
basil
cherry or grape tomatoes (you could also use just regular tomato slices)
shredded mozzarella cheese

1. butter one side of each piece of bread and sprinkle with some basil
2. in a heated pan place one piece of bread in butter side down.
3. cut the tomatoes in small pieces and place on the bread in the pan. Top with a handful of chees and sprinkle with more basil.
4. Place the other piece of bread on top with buttered side up. Cook on first side for about 3 minutes or until bread is toasted. CAREFULLY flip and cook on second side until bread is toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment