Monday, May 10, 2010

Bacon, Potato and cheese chowder

This is a recipe I found on kraftfoods.com and we like it in our house. It is very simple and would qualify as 'semi-homemade' in my opinion. I now try to keep the ingredients in the house at all times. This came in handy when the weather turned cold this past weekend and Brad asked for soup for dinner. Well, I didn't have most ingredients for my other soups since I didn't think we would need any cold weather meals anymore! But, I did this with some sandwiches and it was great!

Bacon, Potato and Cheese Chowder


1 can condensed cream of potato soup
3 cups milk
8 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups Southern style frozen hashbrowns (I just dice up about 3 large fresh potatos)

1. In a saucepan mix the milk and soup.
2. Add potatoes and bring to a boil on high heat. Simmer on medium high heat for about ten minutes.
3. stire in cheese and bacon pieces. Sprinkle with parsley or scallion slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment