Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oven Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Wow! Long time no post!! I am lucky to have enough time to post to one blog and so much has been happening at home lately that I put some good posts over on my 'life' blog instead :)

Anyhow, this is a recipe that I LOVE to make. It could be made as the main dish it is so hearty and filling. But, alas my husband needs some meat to call it a meal and this makes a perfect accompaniment. I don't make it in the summer too often but occasionally I will. I don't remember where I got the original recipe from (bad me!) but I know it is NOT mine and am not going to take credit for it. I read about it somewhere and then handwrote the recipe on a scrap of paper. I am now turning that scrap of paper into this post!

Oven Baked Macaroni and Cheese


1 8 oz box of pasta, cooked and drained (use whatever shape/style you like)
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups of milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
1. prepare pasta as you normally would and set aside.
2. in a large saucepan combine the butter and flour over medium high heat until well combined. There should be no lumps of flour left at this point.
3. Pour in milk and cook until thickened. Stir occasionally.
4. Add your cheese and continuously stir until all melted. Your sauce she be thick and creamy now.
5. Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
6. Spread in your prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
You can top with bread crumbs or potato chip crumbs before baking but we prefer not to

No comments:

Post a Comment