Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tuna Noodle Casserole

I love TNC but we didn't have it much growing up since my dad HATES it. Who coudln't love this stuff? I have actually made this one twice in the last two months and my favorite part about it is that I don't need to defrost anything!!! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it is soooo good. It is amazingly similar to my Macaroni recipe so maybe I found that on allrecipes too...hmmm. I used to do that standard Tuna fish, noodles, cream of mushroom soup and some peas route but this is WAY better. Albeit a bit more work but totally worth it in the end.

Tuna Noodle Casserole


8 oz wide egg noodles
1 can tuna fish, drained
2 cups peas
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350
1. Prepare egg noodles as any pasta. Drain and let cool.
2. In a large sauce pan melt your butter over medium high heat and add your flour. Mix two together until smooth.
3. Add in your milk; whisking it to allow it to thicken-usually once mixture begins to boil it will be thick enough.
4. Add in cheese and whisk until melted and all ingredients are well combined.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the noodles, tuna and peas.
6. Spoon into a 2 qt casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with additional cheese if you wish and bake for 30-35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I am new here! Would love if you come visit and follow me too! Have a beautiful day! :) Shauna

    ReplyDelete